
The first time we tried to go to the Rose Garden was the day that there was a National Strike. Who knew that they would close the Rose Garden along with the Subte and everything else! The sign says, "Rosedale Closed, Sorry for the bother"
This set of pictures is dedicated to my Grandmother Miller, my Aunt Marda and my husband's step mom, Margaret. They all loved Roses!
 |
It says New Roses in the City of Buenos Aires.
We went to the Rose Garden again and this time it was open. What a wonderful way to spend Saturday Morning. The aroma of the roses was wonderful!
|
 |
This pale lavender was so pretty. Sorry you can't see the name, thought I got it! |
I don't really have a lot of captions for these pictures. I should have taken the pictures of the names of the roses and along with the roses. Many were just budding and only have a few full blossoms.
I really loved the deep blood red of this one and the nearby rosebud. It was amazing, I didn't even sneeze once! Usually roses set my allergies off like crazy!
There was this beautiful climbing rose growing up the pillars and across the top of an walkway.
Jasmine growing up another pillar. The smell was intoxicating! On the Pergola.
 |
| The fountains were so beautiful |
 |
| The gardens from a distance on the day the gates were closed. |
 |
| I loved this Pergola. There were climbing roses and jasmine on the pillars. |
 |
| All the flowers were in groups. The photos you see represent beds of roses, all the same. |
 |
| These little ones won the Gold Medal in 2001 |
 |
| This was the one flower I couldn't name. |
 |
| Here's Karen sitting beneath a huge tree. Look below to see how really large it is! There is one like this called an Ubu. They remind me of Banyan trees with their many linked trunks. |
 |
| One of many geese by the lake. I called this one Mother Goose. |
 |
| Every color of pink imaginable! |
 |
| These were almost purple. |
 |
| I really liked these yellow blossoms with red tipped petals. |
 |
| I think this is a Japanese variety of goose with the waddle around the eyes |
 |
| Had to have a "Keep off the Grass sign" and they were so polite about it. |
 |
| The Japanese Bridge |
 |
| This reminds me of a Peace rose my Aunt Marda grew. |
 |
| This was a tree rose |
 |
| This double petal one was nice too. |
 |
| And let's not forget the volunteers in the grass! |
That place looks absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics. I would guess the lavender rose is a sterling silver rose, and the blue flower looks like delphinium to me. :)
ReplyDelete