This has been a wonderful week. Last Saturday Sister Casós and I were able to go to the temple along with two of the volunteer sisters who work with us at the Employment Resource Center, Irene Fernandez and Gisela Soldaño. Gisela was taking out her own endowments. We were so happy to be able to go through a temple session with her and Irene and some of her friends.
| Irene Fernandez and Gisela Soldano |
Hermana Mayo (me), a friend of Gisela's, Irene, Gisela and Sister Casos
Then yesterday on Saturday, we went with Dr. and Sister Brunt to hear the different stake choirs present a Christmas music program on the temple grounds. We got there early so we took some pictures before the crowds arrived.
The Nativity Scene at the temple, plus a speaker for the program.
Sister Casós and the Nativity Scene
Diane and Roger Brunt. He's the Doctor for the Area Office and MTC
Here's a picture of the temple from the side. Next time I really need to go around front and get a picture!
By the time the first choir got into position and the Brother gave the opening comments it was really hot and humid.
The soloist had a beautiful voice.
The temple president, President Fernandez, his wife, counselors and their wives had ring side seats along with other Stake and area leaders.
Besides being the Manager for the Employment Resource Services for Buenos Aires and Patagonia (southern Argentina) Ariel Chaparro is also the Stake President of Banfield stake. Here he is with his beautiful wife, Ana. They were also proud parents of one of the participants in the choir.
The rest of the audience did what they could sitting on blankets or standing and trying to get out of the hot sun.
It looked like a lot of people were lining up for something, but in reality, like the young Elders above they were just trying to find some shade from the Palo Boracho trees. (It just seems strange that there is a tree called the Drunk Stick, but that is what it means. The wide lower trunk looks like a beer belly. To me it looks more like a pot belly stove!)
More people trying to stay in the shade. It was a big crowd, which I failed to get a picture of. I finally gave up and went a ways away to sit at the few picnic tables they have for families who have to travel distances to the temple and bring their lunches. There is no cafeteria or eating area inside the temple.
I met a wonderful pair of teenage girls. I told them about the Employment center and gave them a card. They were interested in taking the Career Workshop in January! Also met Luca. He's five and was facinated by my knitting. He wanted to know how to do it. We worked together on it or a while, but then I had to leave with the Brunts! Luca shook my hand and wished me a ¡Feliz Navidad!
So I pass it on to you, my family and friends...
¡Feliz Navidad!
No comments:
Post a Comment