Friday, December 21, 2012

Dogs and Dog Walkers

 I promised to take pictures of the local animals and I had a post about cats so here is one about dogs.  We see tons of them everyday as we leave in the morning and come back at night.  Like any city this one has owners that use leashes and owners that don't, although most at least carry a leash whether the dog is attached to it or not.  There are also those owners who clean up after their dogs and those who don't (far too many of those.

Finally, I have come to the conclusion that spaying and neutering is not as common here.  I don't know about the females, but it would appear that most of the male dogs still have all their equipment!
Taking a snooze in the sun!
Waiting patiently outside a convenience store.  Lots of labs and goldens around here.  Also lots of  small poodles and Boston terriers.


There are a lot of Dog Walkers in Buenos Aires.  This guy looks like he was going to take the dogs on the Colectivo (bus).

  There are several dog parks with enclosures that these walkers use.  They seem to aclimate the new dogs to the pack slowly and then put them in together.

I liked the big brown!  He seemed to be very calm.

This is a circular enclosure for the dogs in one park on Avenida Libertador.  It is stationed between some tall trees so that at least part of the area is always in the shade.



I've seen a couple of dalmatians.

These dogs were dividing their attention between Karen, on the far side, and me.


1 comment:

  1. All those dogs on the bus would be a site to see! It looks like dogs are treated well there. I think Lucy would enjoy the dog park. 'Fun post!

    ReplyDelete