Quick tour of Buenos Aires. All I remember is the Plata River that goes through the city, the Casa Rosada (pink house that was once the resident of the President, but now is a government building with offices.) and an obelisk about 50 feet tall. Like I said I was really tired.
We are staying in a hotel as they haven't finished setting up our apartment. We had dinner with Elder and Sister Bigelow yesterday evening. They have a very nice apartment, so I'm hopeful that we will also. We went to church today for Stake Conference. I understood the talks and was after a good night's sleep, more able to be alert and take notes. They're a mismosh of English and Spanish so probably not good for anybody but me, but it's my journal!
Tomorrow we will go to the Area office and then on to the Employment Resource Center. More on that later!
I'm going to post the last of the pictures I took at the MTC and tomorrow I'll try to get some of the local area.
Here is Sister Bennion. She is going to Dallas on her mission.
This is back at Welfare Square. This is a picture of the bakery. The bread was so good. They gave us some that was warm from the ovens with jam, honey or peanut butter. All made by Desert Industries. There was a special with Brian Williams and Harry Smith on last week. The beginning of it was about Mormonism and Mitt Romney, the last 20 minutes or so was about the Church Welfare system. One of the bread bakers said to Harry Smith, "Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could solve all the world's problems with a loaf of bread." We were told that Harry made them stop the cameras at that point so he could regain his composure. He got choked up several times in talking to all the volunteers that work at the Square.
This is the director of Welfare Square . He's the one you see driving Harry Smith through the warehouse. Here he was showing us a map of some of the storehouses around the world.
This is the lobby of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building where we had classes. I took the picture of temple square from the 10th floor of the building. It is really interesting how they have renovated the building. For instance. They took the old doors from the previous elevator system and used them to decorate the sides of the elevator interiors.
More pics and stories later...
No comments:
Post a Comment