Hurray! I made it to Salt Lake after missing my plane and having to go one hour later by way of Los Angeles. So I got in a bit late. The nice part was that there was a really tall polynesian man sitting in front of me on the plane. I figured if I could just keep up with him I could follow him to the baggage claim. Not only did that work, but he and the other young polynesian (I soon found out there were Tongan) picking him up , well, they both helped me get my luggage off the conveyor belt and over to the shuttle desk. Before I could even say thanks the one Tongan brother smile a huge smile and said, "Sister, thank you for your service!" Oh, and he also informed me that Tongan is the celestial language. One thing is for sure, there are two Tongan angels around!
I have now survived my first week at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. This getting up at 6am or sometimes 5am and not getting back to the hotel until 8pm is hard on an old lady! My companion, Sister Casos, is great! She is on her third mission. One when she was a young sister was to Uruguay. More recently she served in Arizona in the Navajo nation. It's really nice to have someone as a companion who knows the ropes, not to mention her way around the MTC and Provo!
I was going to post her picture, but I have to run to work with my Spanish tutor. More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment