Wednesday, August 8, 2012



Had to do a quick run to Los Angeles, California to go to the Argentine Consulate and sign papers for our passport/visa as well as get fingerprinted.  Even the gentleman who was assisting us was saying that things sometimes are behind the times.  We had to use ink and get dirty fingers to do it.  They aren't doing digital fingerprints yet.  My companion, Sister Karen Casós, and I did get a bunch of pretty brochures about Argentina. We were warned it could take hours, but we were done and on our way in 45 minutes!

That gave us enough time to meet with my daughter, Lisa and my granddaughter, Heather for lunch.  Also with us was Heather's friend Caitlyn (sorry if I spelled that wrong) and one of my add-on kids(the ones who are at your house so often during the years that they become part of the family) Camron and his son, Cheyenne( also sorry if I spelled that wrong, I also have trouble with your dad's name!)

Lovely lunch, difficult good-byes.  I thought I was ok when I hugged everyone and ran off to the bathroom as they left.  No tears that time.  When I came out they hadn't left and the second round of hugs brought on the waterworks!  [Deep sigh]

Two years isn't near enough time to go and serve, but it is WAY too long to be away from the family you love so much!

One more week until the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo, Utah!




No comments:

Post a Comment