Thought I'd take you on a walking tour of our neighborhood of Buenos Aires. It's called Palermo. Just some random shots I've taken as we've walked around during this three day holiday weekend. Apparently today, September 24th is some kind of government holiday...only this year. I don't really know what the holiday is about, just glad to have an extra day off!
Here's the plaza just one stop on the subway from us. We usually walk as it is just a few blocks away.
On the weekend there are all kinds of stands where you can buy trinkets and Panchos (hotdogs on a bun...sometimes they're hot, sometimes they're cold!) The mustard is something inbetween the yellow stuff we use in the states and a spicy. The ketchup is the same or you can get something that is a mix of ketchup and mayonaise. Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, 7up (those in a light version also) and Fanta orange are all available....sorry no Dr. Pepper or Mountain Dew that I've seen.
There are lots and lots of the magazine kiosks all over the city like you see in the upper right of this picture. I was actually going for the sign. Still trying to remember that I have a zoom and how to use it!
There are horse drawn carriages on the roundabout area of Plaza Italia, just like on the Plaza in Kansas City.
At the entrance to the zoo they have ponies to ride.
This is the main entrance to the zoo. It costs about 30 pesos ($6.40) for a general admission and 47 pesos ($10.) for a pasaporte which gets you on a boat ride through the rainforest, into the aquarium and reptile house. That will be for another day and post. Apparently a lot of the people friendly animals can be fed by hand...even the elephants! And Meagan you can apply online to work at the zoo! They have an email where you can send your CV! Here's the website for anyone who wants to go look! http://www.zoobuenosaires.com.ar/index.php If it comes up in Spanish just go to the bottom of the page and click the ENGLISH button.
There is also a Botanical Garden just across and up the street that is free. Another Day walking tour for us and another blog for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment