Friday, September 28, 2012

Sidewalks and Street Signs

I decided to take some pictures of the sidewalk as we walked to the Mason's for dinner.  It's just a few blocks, but because the sidewalk changes as you pass each storefront or hotel front or apartment front I thought I'd just show you the progression in the distance of a couple of blocks.
Didn't want you to get bored with the sidewalks, So I put in a street sign.  They either look like this, which is the best because you can tell if it is one way or two and where in the numbering system you are.  Yeah, they are great when they are there which is hit or miss.
Or they look like this one below.  These are on the buildings at the corners...sometimes.  The rest of the time you look for a business name or a menu posted on the window that might have the address, or...you walk to the next block and hope it's marked.
 More sidewalks...
and then what you run into in front of boarded up storefront or an empty lot, or just a store that isn't keeping it's sidewalk up.
See the plate in the sidewalk, well sometimes they, or the tiles wobble, teeter-totter or flip completely over.  I walk really carefully and don't look up much inless I can see that the sidewalk is clear and in good shape.

Oh one more before I leave. 

Bomberos are the firemen.  This was on the sidewalk, sometimes they are on the wall of the entry.  I'm guessing they are an access into the buildings which are secured and opened by someone inside or by a tenant in the apartment building.  Or, they might be places to hook up to water.  Don't know, but I thought they were cool.
I do look up once in a while.  This time I saw this beautiful bottle brush hanging plant.

More pictures soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment