Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dr. Who Scarf.



I meant to post this a while ago. My son-in-law Sean and I are both great Dr. Who fans. (BBC science fiction character that has been going on since Hector was a pup.) He told me a story about how he had even met Tom Baker, one of the actors to play Dr. Who and he (Sean) had bought a bunch of raffle tickets to get a Dr. Who scarf at a convention, but hadn't won. Well, Sean had been such a help in getting rid of a lot of stuff when I downsized the house that I promised to make him a Dr. Who scarf.


Got the pattern from the Dr. Who website and away I went. Not a difficult pattern, just garter stitch about 11 inches wide, but it had a dozen or more different colors (most of them in my yarn scraps box, thank goodness) and it ended up being 18 feet long! It was fun and Sean was thrilled. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment