Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Veteran´s Day Family Home Evening

Yesterday was Veteran´s day in the states.  The Missionary couple that were to give the Family Home Evening lesson last night...well, John Switzer is a retired Marine as well as a Missionary.  He gave a very moving presentation with some short videos including a Jimmy Hendricks style version of the Star Spangled Banner with a video and a Video made by the Commandant of the Marines.

To top it all off we had a cake with fireworks!  Very impressive and stirring.

 I didn't even realize I had caught that little flying spark at the top until I went to download it today!

There are certain times of year that are difficult for me.  This is one of them.  I miss my husband, Hays so much.  He loved this country and fought for it!  He raised his kids to believe in the USA and be proud.  Our sons are marines.

In memory of my husband, his father, my grandfathers and many of my uncles and in honor of my sons, James and Seth and many of those men who are my friends and were my students, Happy Veteran´s day.  May we always appreciate the sacrifices of those who served and their families to keep our country free.

No comments:

Post a Comment