What a fabulous sister's luncheon we had Thursday afternoon! I got to sit at the table with Sister Patricia Holland, wife to Jeffrey R. Holland, Sister Thursgood, the South Mission's President's wife and Martina Di Giovanni, a 70's wife. It was really special because I got to be the interpreter for Sr. Di Giovanni. She only speaks Spanish and was so relieved to have a bilingual sitting next to her. She was able to have a conversation along with me with Sr. Holland. I really enjoyed being able to help!

We chatted a while.

Lark Galli talking with Janice Switzer, Dorothyanne Fuss, Cinthia Walker, Joan Boyle and Cristina Walker
And we chatted some more.
 |
| Mission Moms, Sister Thursgood from South and Sister Kelli Ayre from North. |
 |
| Linda Spallino, Vickie Smith and Joann Mortensen |
 |
| The tables were set beauifully |
 |
| We each got a lovely heart with the date and event on the back. |
 |
| We each got a medialuna (croissant) with a slip of paper inside. The game was for each of us to explain why we were thankful for that thing. I got "I am thankful for the Gospel" |
Sitting next to me was Martina Di Giovanni. I ended up being her interpreter. It was so much fun. Next to her was Sister Patricia Holland.
 |
| Sister Vickie Smith, Sister Thursgood, Wife of the President of the Buenos Aires South Mission and Sister Patricia Holland, wife of Jeffrey R. Holland. |
 |
| Hey, great photo of our table thanks to Lark Galli: L around table to R: Robin Ashton, Karen Casós, Vickie Smith, Sr. Thurston, Patricia Holland, Marina di Giovanni, Alexis Mayo, Lynn Flindrs, Barbara ZoBell, Lark Galli |
At Sr. Soares' table were Sr. Carter, Sr. Cinthia Walker, Sr. Raymond,Sr. Viñas, Sr. Soarez, Sr. Avila, Sr. Spallino, Sr. Ayre and Sr. Gonzales.
I got a picture of Sister Katherine Christofferson, wife of D. Todd Christofferson, looking very concerned about something one of the sisters was talking about. I somehow missed a shot of the whole table.
We had a sister´s choir that sang "I am a Child of God". Our soloist was Cinthia Walker. She sang the first verse in English. We sang the second verse together in English and then we sang the last verse in Spanish. THEN we invited everyone to sing a verse in the language of their choice with us!
 |
| Front: Robin Ashton ( Director) , Linda Spallino, Janet Knapp, Joan Boyle, Cinthia Walker (Soloist) , Alexis Mayo, Dorothyanne Fuss, Barbara ZoBell, Back: Joann Mortensen, Vickie Smith, Janice Switzer, LaDee Raymond, Karen Casós, Lynn Flinders (Pianist) |
 |
| A close-up of our soloist, Cinthia Walker |
 |
| Cristina and Cinthia Walker. |
 |
| Can´t you just see the light of Christ above them! |
We had a dance couple come to show us Argentine Dances! Wow they were good!
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, Elder D. Todd Christofferson and Elder Ulises Soares joined us later. They had missed the dancers, so there was an encore!
 |
| Elder Holland and Elder Christofferson talking to Sister Holland, That´s Elder Soares by the door. |
 |
| Vickie Smith, Patricia Holland and Elder Holland |
What a great time we had...and did I mention how good the food was! We had a feast!
No comments:
Post a Comment