Wednesday, July 11, 2012

So much to do!

Yesterday I learned why I have medical insurance.  I was going in to pick up some 90 day supplies of my Rx's and about had a coronary when I saw the $900. + bill.  Then I remembered that I hadn't given the pharmacy my new insurance card.  School districts change insurances yearly...such a pain.  New card, new company, etc.  That plus deciding I probably wouldn't need the singulair when I get to Argentina. (No pets there to set off the allergies).  That was the most expensive.  The new total was $190.  That was much more manageable.  Still running around trying to get things ready.

I did get to talk to Sister Koch on Sunday.  She and her husband just returned from a mission in Buenos Aires.  Although they were doing something totally different from what I will be doing, I did pick up some hints.  There IS a Walmart, but don't buy your food there. That I didn't know. You can get much fresher food from the market or butchers.  The beef is fabulous. That I knew. Don't count on having access to a dryer. And lots of other hints about banking, people to go to for this and that and a lady who makes beautiful leather scripture covers with whatever you want printed plus picture on it.  Thank you, Sister Koch.

So much more to do!

1 comment:

  1. No dryer? Well I hope you have better luck with line drying than me. My clothes got stolen in one area. I was upset because they left one of my dresses on the line--must have been too ugly to steal. Ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete