I got new luggage today. The luggage I had was old and small. This set is soooo much easier to negotiate. Of course, all of it is better by far that the old bag I took the last time I went to Mexico to take classes. Someone decided that it would be easier and cheaper to fly into McAllen Texas and have the Universidad in Monterrey come get us and drive the four hours back. That wasn't too bad. The Dean actually came to get us.
Coming back was a whole different matter. One of the university drivers who took us on trips for our culture classes drove us. The trip to the border wasn't bad, and he was a wonderful fellow, but he had no papers to allow him to cross the border into Texas. We had to WALK across the bridge dragging our luggage with us. I can now say that I have walked over the Rio Grande/ Rio Bravo from Mexico to the US. Then we had to walk almost a block to customs, then another block to the taxi stand to get a ride to the airport.
The big problem was I had a purse, backpack and a large suitcase with a leash. The big one kept tipping over on the bridge. No fun at all! Wish I could have had this nice set then!

No comments:
Post a Comment