I've been trying to get myself organized since January. I had lots of papers to fill out, doctor visits, interviews with the Bishop and Stake President. I wrote endless lists of "To Do"'s , well, I'm still doing that! At this point I'm about six weeks out from leaving for Provo, Utah to go the the Missionary Training Center (MTC) there.
I got my mission call to the Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission in April and it's been a mad dash ever since. I thought I would have more time at the MTC, but I'll be in and out in two weeks barring problems with the visa (that was a pile of paperwork, photos and documents!) or anything else. I already speak Spanish so I don't have to learn that...just all the new vocabulary about employment, etc.
Word to future missionaries: read EVERYTHING you are sent...twice. Somehow I missed the fact that I got the email for the sister missionary that I will replace. I just found it and have been corresponding with her for a couple of weeks. The sister that will be my companion, Sister Casos has been corresponding with the sister she will replace and we've been sharing what we find out. There are so many questions!
Right now I'm on the search for a new, smaller computer. I need one that is lighter and more compact to take with me! Lucky me I have sons and daughters who are more savy than their mom and are helping me to check it out!
Also trying to adjust my wardrobe. I'm not much of a skirt or dress person. Save those mostly for Sunday. Now I will be wearing mostly...you guessed it! Skirts and Dresses. So I've been trying to buy so that things will mix and match well. Looks like I will also have to invest in new luggage. I rarely went anywhere for more than a week so my current suitcase is small.
I'm working online to improve my Spanish and get the "Porteño" down. That's the Buenos Aires -style Spanish. A few pronunciation changes, the voseo (using "vos" instead of "tu" for you with a different verb form) and lots and lots of vocab that I need to know to work in the Employment Resource Center.
So much to do and time is rushing by!
Keep me in your prayers!
I'm so excited for you! 'Not long now... :)
ReplyDelete