 |
This picture has nothing to do with out trip to Tigre. I just happened to look up last week after a storm and see the rainbow over the city and so I wanted to post it.
Now, on to our adventure in Tigre, Argentina |
 |
| I was so grateful to get a seat on the train to Tigre. We left from the station in Chinatown. The Train was crowded, but by the first stop I got a seat. There ARE advantages to having a cane. |
 |
| A picture of the kind of train we were on. It was air conditioned, but there was so much humidity that the condensate on the ceiling was dripping down. |
 |
| As we got closer to Tigre the crowd on the train thinned down. That's Irval Mortensen sitting on a half/seat on the left. on the right in the distance you can see one without a passenger. It is better than standing...but not by much. |
 |
| 45 minutes later we arrived. I still can't believe that it only cost 3 pesos round trip! That is about 30 cents US. |
 |
| The inside of the Tigre train station |
 |
| You see the Virgen de Lujan everywhere down here. This is a plaque in a shopping area. |
 |
| We got off the train and had an hour to kill until the boat ride. So we went as a group towards the Mercado de Fruto. Saw what I thought was a Cathedral. Left to right that is Gary Boyle, Dan Smith, Nancy Cano, Terry Cano, I think Lynn Flinders and Karen Casos, Vickie Smith in the blue, ? in the light blue and ? in the orange, ? and in the yellow is Janice Switzer and ?. Well, I knew a few of them. |
 |
| AND... it wasn't a cathedral, it was a Rowing Club. Tigre in the Rowing Capital of Argentina. EVERYBODY has a boat! |
 |
| We saw this defibrilator at the Mercado de Fruto. First time I've seen one just out on a street. At home I've seen them at schools and sporting events. |
 |
| Me, Alexis Mayo by one of the stands in the Mercado. |
 |
| so many aisles and so little time! |
Lynn and David Flinders and I went into this one Bella Arte aisle and found that each shop had a mosaic in front of the entry
 |
| Butterfy and Rabbit |
 |
| the Horse |
 |
| The Jaguar |
 |
| The lizard |
Lynn Flinders and I made some new friends.Melon, the oldest was from the provincia Río Negro. Her cousins live in Buenos Aires Province. That is Rodriguo on the far right and Yasmin in front of Lynn. Really nice family.
 |
| The boarding area |
 |
| One style of tour boat |
 |
| Our Boat |
 |
| A Catamaran than passed us |
 |
| Canoes |
 |
| And Canoes |
 |
| and more canoes! |
 |
| Some beautiful structures, although I think he said this was a Casino |
 |
| The Bedfords and Popes looking out the window of the boat. |

Another view of the inside of the boat. Very nice and in this the air conditioning worked pretty well. Elder Farnsworth is on the right. In front of him is someone from our ward talking to Karen Casos.
 |
| BIG boats, barges actually |
 |
| same barge from the side. |
 |
| There were a lot of these stilt houses and everybody has a small pier...everybody has a boat too! |
 |
| This one has seen better days. Anybody remember seeing this in "The Rescuers", Disney movie? |
 |
| This is what you do with your boat off-season. There is a wench on this to put the boat back into the water. |
 |
| Ladies row too! |
 |
| Everybody gets around on a boat. There are no roads on the islands. This is a grocery store boat. There is also a medical boat that has doctors and a dentist . |
One of the nicer houses and piers. The river just laps up onto the grass. In some places there were retaining walls to cut down on erosion.
 |
| Just missed catching this kid jumping in. It was a warm day and there were lots of families enjoying the water. |
 |
| Lunch was at the Gato Blanco...no parking, you come by boat and moor next to the pier. |
 |
| President and Sister Willis from the MTC |
 |
| The Bedfords, also from the MTC. Elder Bedford is one of President Willis' counselors |
Got some interesting shots on the way back after a great lunch. Saw this witch on a pole and had to get her picture!
We saw Sarmiento's house in a glass box. They decided that the house was not doing well and was suffering damage from the climate so they built a glass box around this historical home.
Just as we came back into Tigre I saw an amusement park with rides
 |
| Not sure if La Carreta Desbocada is a ride or the name of the park. |
 |
| Looks like a Wild Mouse Trap! |
 |
| On the ride home I was able to get this photo looking down through several cars. You can also see the half seats they have near the doors. |
We had a great time and luckily it didn't rain until way after we got home!
No comments:
Post a Comment