Well, I was watching Everyday Foods on KCPT this weekend and they made these yummy looking brownies. So somebody make them and tell me how they are!
ingredients
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
1 cup plus two tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped(or choc chips)
4 ounces room-temperature bar cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
Brownies with Cream Cheese Swirl
Makes 16 Prep time: 15 minutes Total time: 3 hours
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Buttered 9-inch square baking pan
Line bottom and two sides with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the two sides. Butter paper.
In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
Place 1 stick (8Tblspn) butter and chocolate in double boiler over gently simmering water.
Heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes;
remove bowl from pan.
Add 1 1/4 cups sugar; mix to combine.
Add 3 eggs, and mix to combine.
Add 1 c. flour;
mix just until moistened (do not over mix).
Prepare cream-cheese mixture:
Whisk cream cheese with 2 tblspn room-temp butter.
Whisk in 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 2 tblspn flour.
Alternately spoon chocolate batter and cream-cheese mixture into pan;
w/tip of knife, swirl to marble.
smooth top.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes.
Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
Using paper overhang, lift brownies out of pan;
transfer to a rack to cool completely (still on paper).
On a cutting board, using a dampened serrated knife, cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 2 days.
It's just not on my weight watcher's list so it's off-limits at least until I reach my goal...and THAT is still 23 lbs away.
I might be able to help you out there! I think all I need is the cream cheese. Sounds yummy!
ReplyDelete