Sunday, April 26, 2009

My first prayer shawl

Well, it started as a prayer shawl and sort of ended up being an afghan. The really great news is that I delivered it today and her smile was WONDERFUL! I really wanted to make something that she could feel her mother's hugs through. This is soft and warm and the colors are just right!

And the pattern was SO easy. Size 13 circular needles 29 inches long. Knit three rows, purl three rows. Repeat. Then fringe (about 6 inches long) on each end.

2 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful! It makes me want to pick back up my half finished yarn projects. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous mom. I was at her house last night and she has it proudly displayed on a chair in her living room. She pointed it out to me and said she just loves it!

    ReplyDelete