Saturday, July 26, 2014

Finally home again, Kansas City International Airport

 At 5pm the remise picked us up.  Typical bumpy ride though the avenidas until we got to the General Paz and then on to the Ezeiza Airport.  We arrived with 3 hours to spare.

Our driver, Pablo, said someone named Leone from the office would come and help us through immigration.  Leone arrived and stayed with us until we were at the gate.  So helpful to have someone there to guide you through the process.

We found a restaurant about 50 meters from the gate so we got a sit down dinner of hamburguesas y papas fritas and finished up with a few minutes to spare before the plane boarded at 20: 30.

 There was a luggage check before we boarded. I was lucky.  My agent just lifted up the corners and peeked through my bags.  Samantha's agent took everything out and put it back again.  No problems and we got on board.


We are finally on the plane and heading home.  

In Houston  I had requested a wheelchair. I knew the airport was huge and that I would be having foot problems by then.  So glad I did!  We got through customs without a hitch.  The customs declaration was done on a touch screen.  The customs agent asked me how long I was in Argentina and why.  Then he asked what I had in my suitcases.  I said clothes and a few gifts for the grandchildren.  He stamped my papers and I was though.  Didn't have to pay a cent to customs!

Also because of the wheelchair they boarded us first!  So grateful for all the help in Houston!

Two more hours on another plane and we were deplaning in Kansas City!

So good to get home to family and hugs!

My son, James and my grandson Isaac and me

Isaac and his mom, Tina and my Nana sign.  All the signs together said, "Welcome Home, Nana"

No comments:

Post a Comment