Last night, Thursday, August 8th. Sister Casós and I got to go to the Open House for the new Institute of Religion in Belgrano. It is right next to the Belgrano Stake Center. This is where they have Institute and Seminary Classes. It has just been renovated so there is a mixture of the beautiful English Baroque House that was the original building and the new classrooms. Here are the picture. It will be open tonight from 5-9pm (17-21:00 hras)and tomorrow 11am-7pm (11:00-19:00) also before the Dedication on the 16th at 8pm (20:00 hras).
This building was a home built in English Baroque style in 1926
 |
| This is half of the front door. I love all the carved wood! |
 |
The Director and Assistant Director´s offices are on the main floor.
|
 |
| the former dining room is now a social area. The paneling is walnut (Nogal) |
 |
| The stairway between the Director´s office and the social area is full of ornate carving. |

Brother Marcelo Rodriguez is the director. He gave us a tour of the place! Sorry about the picture, Brother Rodriguez!


Just outside in the back beyond the social area is an open courtyard and the separate quarters that were originally for the servants. Here is our little tour group. On the left is Sister Mariana Hermosa, a returned missionary that we know. The sister next to her works at the temple, but I don´t know her name. then Brother Rodriguez and Sister Casós.
 |
| This Spanish Courtyard is in the Andalusian style. I think it was my favorite part! |
 |
| The Aljibe, or wishing well is now a planter. I wonder if I put a coin in the soil if I will get a wish? |
 |
| This is the large classroom with the textbooks on display |
 |
| This is a smaller classroom |
 |
| View from upstairs across to the Belgrano Chapel |
 |
| This is the terrace you can see from the front of the building. |
 |
| Even the floor in this place is beautiful. Here is the upstairs landing. |
 |
| The window in the stairwell is another amazing detail. |
 |
| I love the back staircase. It reminds me of the first house I remember living in. I was 5 years old and there was a backstairs to the kitchen, so the children and servants could get from the upstairs to the kitchen without having to walk through the main part of the house. I used to sneak down it to get snacks at night! Shhhh....don´t tell anybody! |
 |
| Mariana wanted to get a picture with us before we left. She will be a guide at the Institute during the Open House. |
No comments:
Post a Comment