Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Food Critic returns: P.F.Changs

Waaaaaaaaaaay down Avenida Libertador is a new P.F.Changs.  A bunch of the Missionary couples and Sister Casós and I went out to dinner there a couple of weeks ago and I´m just getting around to posting the pictures.
Stuart Candland, Paul  and Ellen Garvin and the Terra Cotta figures
 I must say that the atmosphere and the service were excellent.  We were served by several people at least two of whom spoke English (and had lived in the states).  All the sauces were explained and the food was delicious.
Karen Casós, Roger and Diane Brunt, Evelyn Candland´s elbow.
 I have to apologize for the pictures.  The lighting was low and that always seems to give me blurry pictures. Well, that´s my story and I´m sticking to it!  We all ordered different things and then shared so I got to taste most everything and it was all really good.  I especially liked the Lemon Chicken. All of the shrimp dishes were really delicious too!   I ordered the Moo Shu Pork.  It was tasty, but not as hot (temperature-wise) as I would have liked.
La Dee and Noel Raymond and Karen Casos
There were various sauces you could use, soy, spicy mustard, chilis. And each dish came with your choice of white rice or brown.  I did think the rice was a bit dry, but mixed with the juices of the main courses, not bad.  We ran into President and Sister Gulbrandsen and I think Arvin and Kelly Carlson (I should have typed this up right away, I´m so forgetful!)
All in all a very pleasant evening.  Next time I want to try their soups and spring rolls.  Price wise :  Most of the dishes were about 90-110 pesos. Maybe a bit high, but the best Chinese I´ve had here. Not really bad for once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment